IJP Centenary Conference London:
Programme of Events
“THE PSYCHOANALYTIC CORE: ENCOUNTERING AND SPEAKING TO THE UNCONSCIOUS”
London IJP Centenary Conference 20-21 July 2019
The London Centenary Conference will take place at the Tower Hotel close to the famous Tower Bridge and St Katharine’s Docks.
Over two days we will will explore what foundational features make up the essence of psychoanalysis and look at our take on them in the early part of the 21st century.
Some of the most renowned contemporary analysts join us in celebrating The International Journal of Psychoanalysis and the unique history that it holds.
Ron Britton, Patrick Miller, Dana Birksted-Breen, Jorge Canestri, Ignes Sodre, Gerhard Schneider, Peter Fonagy, Rosine Perelberg, Dominique Scarfone, Rudi Vermote, Catherine Chabert, Michael Šebek, Antonino Ferro, Cathy Bronstein, Riccardo Lombardi
London Panel Titles:
- The Unconsciousness of mental life: Where do we locate the unconscious, where and how do we find it in the session, how do we speak to it, what are the necessary conditions of the setting
- Psychical reality and trauma: What do we mean by trauma, how do we understand it, how do we understand the connection between psychical reality and trauma. Does the notion of trauma change technique?
- The psychical significance of sexuality: What place do we give to ‘the drives’ and in particular the sexual drive. Where is it in the session, what role has it?
- Repetition and the death drive: Repetition and the possibility of change.
- The Body and its mysteries: How do we think of the relationship psyche-soma
IJP Psychoanalysis & Film (Optional ticketed event):
Screen memories: Siegfried Bernfeld and the relationship between film and Freudian psychoanalysis