The International Journal of Psychoanalysis is the only psychoanalytic journal that can call itself truly international.
This is due to the extensive network of editors and editorial board members which makes it possible to accept submissions and peer review papers in six languages: English, Spanish, Italian, German, French and Portuguese.
Articles accepted for publication are translated into English by the Journal. In addition, all abstracts are translated and published in four languages.
Authors are able to submit their paper to The International Journal of Psychoanalysis online using ScholarOne Manuscripts. Benefits of online submission include:
- Fast decisions on your paper. Submission, review and communication are all handled online. No more postal delays or lost messages!
- Easy. Write your paper on any word processor. Simply save text as RTF or Word. Graphics can be uploaded separately in any popular format, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Convenient. Submit from any computer with an Internet connection. No software needs to be installed. All you need is a Web browser, Acrobat Reader and email.
- Responsive. Decisions sent by email, revisions made online. The moment a decision is taken, an email is dispatched. You can respond to the comments and submit a revised version online.
- Transparent. Track your manuscripts online. Return to the site at any time to see the current status of your submission.
To make an original article submission, please visit http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijp
Please send all Film Essays for review to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijp
The IJP has a policy that Book Reviews will be commissioned by the Book Review Editor, the Book Review Editor for North America, and the Associate Book Review Editors. We do not accept unsolicited reviews.
It is the sole responsibility of the author to gain and fund all necessary permissions to re-use any other works within their accepted manuscript. Please ensure you obtain permission to re-use any other works immediately on acceptance, to avoid publication delays.
English – Author guidelines
Français – Instructions et consignes aux auteurs
Deutsch – Hinweise und Leitlinien für Autoren
Español – Instrucciones y lineamientos para los autores
Italiano – Avvertenze redazionali per gli autori
All papers published in The International Journal of Psychoanalysis are eligible for Panel A: Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience in the Research Excellence Framework (REF).